1. Shown in the gardens of Versailles, Chanel's Resort 2013 collection was a hybrid of high and low with eighteenth-century details like cuffs and lace ruffles dressed down with twenty-first-century pieces like creepers and short shorts. Leave it to King Karl to blend Marie Antoinette with anime and cyber future elements.
2. Designer Garth Britzman employs used recycled bottles filled with colored water to create an eco-friendly and impressive way to shade your car.
3. Auckland-based artist and self-proclaimed "sculptographer" Peter Madden creates kaleidescopic and mesmerizing collages using found images from back issues of National Geographic, old encyclopedias, and nature books and safety glass. Any one else feeling a bit nostalgic for their I Spy books from elementary school? [Image via Ryan Renshaw].
4. In partnership with Nabisco, fashion company Lilly Pulitzer, known for their fun and quirky prints, has designed limited edition boxes of Barnum's Animals crackers. All proceeds from the cookies will go to Operation Smile, a charity organization dedicated to healing children's smiles and transforming lives across the globe.
5. Inspired by her childhood teddy bear, designer Kym Ellery combined structure and drapery in a lovely raspberry, forest green, and metallic black color palette for the Ellery Spring/Summer 2012-13 collection.
6. The Brits never cease to be sartorial wonders, continually creating and propagating trends. So it should come as no surprise that when the Royal Mail service launched the Great British Fashion Stamp Set, they made sure to honor top fashion houses from England, including Alexander McQueen, Paul Smith, and Vivienne Westwood.
7. The video for Kenzo's Summer 2012 collaboration with Vans has our toes tapping.
8. Prep is reinvented in Givenchy's 2013 Resort collection for menswear.
9. Nothing says sleek, sexy, and sophisticated like a nice set of wheels. This Wiessman Roadster MF5 V10 Black Bat takes swag to a whole new level.
10. Swedish design office Kontor Kontur applies the colorblocking trend to office supplies.
11. Taiwanese airline company EVA air and Hello Kitty have partnered up to create this masterpiece.
12. Daniel Pošta and Zdeněk Vacek of Zorya take chemistry to a new level, using the crystalization of alum for their most recent collection, which is aptly titled Virus. Available at selected retailers in the Czech Republic.
13. After a difficult battle with lung cancer, Donna Summer, the legendary Queen of Disco, passed away this week at the age of 63. This weekend, we're dancing to her disco hits in her memory.