1. Prada dropped its Fall/Winter 2012 campaign video today, and it seems like these girls are playing one intense game of chess (or checkers?). Those glass pieces have us confused, but either way, the short is flawless, featuring sharp angles, intense stares, and some ombre locks to die for.
2. Nearly ten years in the making, San Franciscan artist, Stefan Ruiz, showcases portraits of Mexican soap opera stars. Perfectly poised in the televisa sets, Ruiz effortlessly captures the seductive and glamourous actors who dominate Mexico's prime time.
3. In honor of the brand's 20th anniversary, Issey Miyake's Pleats Please collection is now the subject of a book. Available September 2012 through Taschen, Pleats Please Issey Miyake explores the concept behind the renowned designer’s revolutionary line of clothing.
5. British set designer Sarah Parker, photographer Michael Bodiam, and Olympian nutritionist Dan Benardot all collaborate to create "Behind Sporting Success," the still-life collection revealing the Olympian diets and regimes designed to optimize their performance.
6. Orchid Bliss shampoo and conditioner by White Sands uses minerals from the orchid flower to moisturize and increase hair immunity. No more having to worry about daily UV exposure destroying your hair!
7. Danish-Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson’s new exhibition at the Tate Modern requires the museum to turn off the lights and asks visitors to explore the Surrealist galleries using a solar powered LED lamp in the shape of a flower, dubbed the “Little Sun.” Opening this Saturday and running through September 23, the exhibit is meant to raise awareness about the 1.6 billion people who live without access to electricity around the world.
8. Designed by Gregor Korolewicz, the Klippen Klappen Desk exudes modern functionality as a sleak, well-designed piece of furniture. With nooks and crannies for all of your gadgetry, it even closes up when it's time to be done with work!
9. Italian designer Marco Stefanelli takes fragments of tree branches, cement, and sawmill scraps and replaces them with LED-embedded resin to create these beautiful and organic-looking lamps.
10. German photographer Carsten Witte celebrates the female form with his “Psyche” Butterfly series, a myriad of photographs highlighting feminine vivacity and sensuality.
11. Inspired by writer Jorge Luis Borges’ fingerprint, Brazilian artists Marcos Saboya and Gualter Pupo create this incredible labyrinth exhibit, built using 250,000 used and new books, all with the help of over fifty volunteers!
12. Sushi lovers rejoice! The once tedious task of making your own sushi has been remedied by Sushezi, a product that mimics a bazooka, thus allowing you to quickly create your own sushi in the comfort of your own home.
13. Dyed, weaved, and trimmed horse hair and gold plated rodent bones are the eco-friendly materials behind Irish designer Daniela Cardillo’s delicate accessories.